Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My New Job

So I am back in the work force. After a long couple months of a lot of looking and a lot of applications and several interviews I started work at my new job. I am now a Captive Manager with Artex Tribeca. This is going to be a great job for me. I will be doing some accounting, some tax work, and a lot of customer service.  One thing I didn't like about public accounting was the fact that I saw names on paper and had very little to no contact with clients.  After so many years in customer service roles, that was difficult.  At Artex I will be working directly with my clients whose companies I manage.  Also, it is so much closer to home--my commute went from 45 minutes to my old job to 15 minutes to my new job.  Also, I have an 8 hour work day, so I get to see Nicole and the kids every morning and night.  Public accounting works for some people, and I thought I was going to be one of those people, but I am a family man.  I need to be able to see my family.  Another great thing about this job is the environment.  I was put in a lot of uncomfortable situations when I was with Moss Adams.  There are quite a few LDS people at Artex, and the work environment reflects that.  I look forward to learning more about captive insurance and growing with this company.

No comments: