Monday, June 22, 2009

Colin's Birthday at the Zoo Through AJ's Eyes

For Colin's birthday he wanted to go to the zoo with his cousins and his sisters. Well Andrew loves animals so he was very excited. He was most excited to see the elephants until he saw this one. It was fake, talked, and blew air out of it's trunk.We all were looking forward to the new Madagascar exhibit. Andrew loves that movie. It was funny they were even playing the song, "I Like To Move It Move It." Here is us in the exhibit. Andrew was a little scared because he is not a huge fan of rain or showers.Andrew was very nervous to see the bird show until it started then he got all into it. He was clapping and all. One of the birds got so close to us it touched Todd's hair (see pic below for Todd's view). I am not the hugest fan of birds, but I enjoyed seeing Todd and AJ so happy. After the show we donated some money, so I got to take a picture of Todd and the kids with the Bald Eagle. It was pretty cool. I think Todd was more excited than Andrew though.
After Andrew realized that the zoo had cougars they become his favorite thing at the zoo. We all know AJ loves his BYU cougars. Hailey even said she saw "RaRas" at the zoo.
Todd has always said he looks like a gorilla so we thought him posing with a big bronze one was kind of funny. What do you think, do they look alike? Maybe if Todd would of taken off his shirt! I have never been a huge fan of the zoo, but one of my favorite things this time was the giraffes. You can go in the building and if they are in there you can go upstairs and be right up close to their heads. While we were upstairs one little boy came up to me and told me that one of the giraffes was saying his prayers. The giraffe was kind of kneeling, so it was fitting. I thought it was so cute of the little boy. I wish we would of got a good picture of that giraffe, but here is it from behind.
Well thanks to Colin we all had a fun time at the zoo. Here are a few more fun pictures of us.

Rory spent a good majority of her time at the zoo in the Baby Bjorn, so we didn't get a lot of photos of her. We did get this one though.


Oh yeah and since this was Andrew first time at the zoo we thought we would buy him a souvenir. He picked a plastic giraffe and that giraffe will be a lasting memory as well as the first time at the zoo. AJ poked his eye with it and gave himself a corneal abrasion. Needless to say he went to the hospital that night, but as far as we know he is all better now!

No comments: