Since before Todd and I had kids we always wanted to make birthday's a big deal because we feel it is your special day. This year a big birthday party for AJ was kind of hard since we were traveling so much, so he had two birthday parties for his 2nd birthday. And a wonderful night out at the Cache County Fair. Since we already posted pictures of his birthday party in AZ with my sister and pictures from the fair this is going to mostly be about his second 2nd birthday party.



Andrew loved his cake. After we sang "Happy Birthday" he dove right in. Andrew is not one to get messy and he put his face in the cake. Needless to say he didn't really get messy. But after a few bites that way he asked for a fork.

I am glad I made him his own cake. This is what I made for everybody else. I made a cupcake cake. It is a baseball field if you can't tell.
After cake we opened most of AJ's presents and let him play with some of his new toys. I think he enjoyed his birthday very much.

Here is AJ the next day (because his party ended late) with all his loot. Thanks everyone who thought of my little AJ on his special day. He enjoyed all the presents and cards he received!

I have been trying to do a lot with Todd's family because if everything goes our way we will be out of Utah by next summer. Since our long vacation ended the day before AJ's birthday I wanted to through a party with all of Todd's family. We spent a lot of the day unpacking, cleaning, baking, and wrapping presents. We had a pretty good plan of what we wanted to do, but it didn't work out as planned. But by the time everyone arrived at our house AJ was ready for his "Birday Party." We had pizza because baking a cake and cupcakes was enough for me with the little time we had.
After pizza AJ was finally able to open his presents. He had tried earlier in the day to open his presents so he was ready. He was excited and his animation showed that very well. He was also very polite except when opening clothes or the BYU stuff we bought (because he was there when we bought it). Another funny thing if you notice in some of these pictures is AJ was holding the presents with his feet to open them.

2 comments:
yay~ AJs 2! looks like he got a bunch of cool stuff! miss you guys! hope to see you soon!!
Looks like he had fun. Sorry we missed it! Darling cakes by the way! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment