

Since this was my last birthday in Utah, Nicole wanted to make a big deal out of it. I was not so sure about it, but it turned out great. She invited my parents, all my siblings, and their families. My Mom ended up getting sick and my brother and his wife didn't want to drive in the snow, but everyone else came down.
When Nicole came up with the original party idea she wanted to do a fondue party, but I thought that would be to much work and I really just wanted my dad to make sloppy joes. My dad agreed and the food turned out great.

Nicole has always wanted to have my nieces and nephews over for cookie decorating since our first Christmas here and it has never worked out, so she incorporated it into my birthday party. It gave the kids something to do and it was a lot of fun.

But the main part of my birthday celebration and a way for us to kick off our holiday season with my extended family was to look at Christmas lights. When I was a kid we always drove around looking at light on peoples houses and Nicole and I have done it every year as well. We made hot chocolate and piled into two mini vans. Julianne was nice enough to drive our van so Nicole and I could sit together and just look at the lights. We even let the kids sit with us and it was the best part of the whole night.
No comments:
Post a Comment