Friday, August 10, 2012

Andrew is 5!!!

My little man turned 5 years old today.  It is so cool and hard to watch him growing up so fast.  We had a really great day today.  Andrew got up this morning and the first thing he said to me was, "Dad, can I have some presents now?"  I told him if he got ready for school quickly and we had time he could open his presents.  Nicole told him last night that he could open the presents from me and her and the one from Rory.  So we got ready and watched him open our presents.  He got a Captain America doll and mask from Nicole and me, and a Spider-man action figure from Rory.



He was very excited about them.  Unfortunately he didn't get to play with them because we had to get him to school. 
Nicole was planning to take treats to his school at 2pm and then go use some of the birthday coupons that he got from all of the kid's clubs we signed him and Rory up for.  We wished that I could work a half day so I could go with them...and our wish was granted.  I was able to get off at 1:30 and will make the time up next week.  So Nicole came and got me, then we went to his school.  He was very excited to see us come into his classroom with cookies.  The class sang Happy Birthday to him, he got a birthday goodie bag from his teacher, and 5 birthday spankings from "Mikey the Monkey" (his classroom mascot).  The kids ate their cookies, and we stayed until it was time for him to get out of school.


After that we headed home to change, and then to go have some fun.  Andrew informed me that he was going to tell everyone he saw that it was his birthday today.  He had a birthday coupon for Build-a-Bear, Chuck E. Cheese, and Baskin Robins.  So first we went to Build-a-Bear where he got a "John Deere" hat with his coupon and bought "Cars" pajamas and slippers with money that he got from Grandma Cheese (my mom).  Then we went next door to Children's Place where Rory used the last of her birthday money (yes, from February) to buy a new purse.  Of course we had to go into the Disney Store, where I began to see Andrew's logic--he told them it was his birthday and he got a crown, a coloring book, some stickers, etc.  I have a very smart son!  Next we went to Chuck E. Cheese, where he got 20 free tokens.  He shared a few with his sister and they played games for about 20 minutes or so.  Then we went to get his free ice cream cone from Baskin Robins.  After that we went to get McDonalds for dinner and took it to Grandma's house to eat and swim a bit.  I asked him when I tucked him in if he had a good birthday.  He said, "DEFINITELY!"  Then I told him that he needed to get to sleep because tomorrow is his birthday party, and we are going to have lots of fun!

 HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY ANDREW!!!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

What a fun birthday... can't wait to hear how the party went!! Love you guys!!