Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Recap (6/17-6/22)

This week for Make it Monday we made Firework paintings that I found here.  The kids needed a little more help with it than I thought, but I think they turned out nicely. 
Also my Mom got my family free tickets to the Diamondbacks game, so we took the train downtown after Todd got off work and enjoyed the game.  They played the Miami Marlins and it was an okay game but they lost by one run in the 9th. 
Tuesday we went swimming in the morning and for our Time to Read Tuesday we went to the library.  The kids are doing great on their summer reading program at the library.  The summer movie this week was The Lorax which I saw was on Netflix, so I just had the kids watch it at home so we didn't need to go to the movie theatre.  Then we went to my Mom's and watched shows on her DVR, so for What Ya Watchin' Wednesday we watched a lot of shows.  Thursday we met the Adam's at the San Tan Splash Pad. 
We also went and picked up some free books the kids received from the Barnes and Noble summer reading program. It is a lot smaller than most splashed pads, but the kids had fun.  Then for our Tasty Treat Thursday we made Caramel Rice Krispie treats which I did not think were very good.  Friday was Todd's day off so for Somewhere Fun Friday he took the kids bowling.  We always sign up for the Free Summer Bowling, but we don't go very often because it is on the other side of town.  Todd and the kids seemed to have fun though. 
Saturday we did another Lowes Build and Grow project.  The kids made Monsters University trunks.  Todd had a little trouble and put a piece on the wrong side but at least we can tell them apart now. 
Another fun week was had!

No comments: