As you all know Nicole and Andrew were in Arizona during the month of March. I decided to go down there for their last weekend there and come home with them on Monday, March 31st. My mother-in-law's birthday was on Saturday and we decided to go to Lake Bartlett for the day. Shortly after we got there, Nicole and I were trying to set up a canopy thing they had bought. All of a sudden Nicole dropped what she was helping me with and ran over to where her sister was sitting with AJ. I then saw her pick Andrew up off the ground and he was screaming! I ran over there and grabbed him from Nicole. He had dirt all over the side of his face and head, a fairly big scratch by his eye, and a whole in his forehead that was bleeding pretty bad. Needless to say, Nicole and I were freaking out. Our baby had his first injury. We grabbed some bottled water and started cleaning him off. Some nearby lake-goers came to see if they could help. One of the women had a first-aid kit with peroxide and and a bandaid. We got him all taken care of and he was fine. So Andrew got his first OWIE:
The rest of the day was fun. Despite the warm weather and sunshine it was quite windy. Our canopy almost blew away several times. But it was nice to have something to relax under and keep the sun off of us when we wanted.
but once you got used to the temperature, it was quite nice. Andrew loves the water. Grandma bought Andrew a floater for him to be able to play in the lake. The first time that I put him in the floater, he was a bit unsure of himself but later on he seemed to like it a lot.
With Andrew
And finally with Nicole (it always takes her a while to go in when the water is cold, but then we practically have to pull her out when everyone else wants to leave.)
On Sunday we spent all day just lounging around and having some fun with Andrew. Look at my little soccer star.
It was a fun week end and a good end to a very long month. I don't want to be away from my wife and baby for that long again.
On Monday we flew back to Utah. It was very sad to leave AZ. When we left there it was almost 80 degrees, and when we flew into UT it was only 30 degrees. Home sweet Home!



No comments:
Post a Comment