Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Fun Afternoon at Thanksgiving Point

On Tuesday I will be heading back to school. Nicole and I wanted to do some fun things as a family before I get really busy with school. One of those things was to take Andrew to Thanksgiving Point. They were having this deal during the month of August called "$2 Tuesdays" where many of their attraction only cost $2. We decided to go to the Gardens. It was a lot of fun. The flowers were pretty, but it was just nice to be outside and enjoy walking through there as a family. I had never seen so many lily pads.
And Andrew had never seen so many fish. Andrew loves fish (and all things ocean-like--thanks to Grandma Barb), and they have a Koi observatory there in the Gardens. He thought it was amazing.

The Gardens has the highest man made waterfall in the western hemisphere. It was very pretty and Andrew seemed pretty amazed by it.



After seeing the waterfall we went over to the Children's Garden. They have some pretty fun things in there. This picture is for you Mom (Barbara).


They have a big Noah's Ark that children can play around in the water, but right before we got to it the Health Department came in and closed it down. So Andrew didn't get to play in the water, but he still had fun...talking to this tree.


No comments: