Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday was a Funday

Today was a great day. Andrew will be 18 months old on February 10th. Many of you know what this means--Nursery! They recommend that parents take their kids to Nursery, and stay with them, a couple of times before they start going to nursery by themselves. So Nicole and I took Andrew to nursery for the first time today. We introduced him to the nursery teachers and then let him go. He did so great. He already knows a lot of the kids in there--several of them live right in our courtyard. He had so much fun playing with the toys. He did pretty well during singing time; when they were singing the songs he was really into it, but he got a little bored in between songs. He loved the lesson about prayer because he loves to fold his arms and say prayer. He loved snack time--crackers. He needs to work on drinking out of a Dixie cup--he crushed it in his hands. He then colored a picture for Mama, and we called it good. I don't think Andrew will have any problems going into nursery in a couple of weeks.


After church today Nicole wanted to make carrot cake. So she put Andrew up on a chair and he helped her make the carrot cake. He had fun making it, but he had a lot more fun eating the batter. He kept saying, "more, more." He was such a cute little baker.


After we made dessert, I asked Andrew if he wanted to help me make dinner. We had meatloaf for dinner, and I thought it would be fun for him to stick his hands in the raw hamburger. He was a little apprehensive at first. Then Nicole told him it was a ball. He grabbed a piece from me and threw it onto the floor. Luckily we cleaned the floor yesterday, so I just picked it up and put it back in the bowl.

Andrew has been telling us when he is going to the bathroom. He says, "Poo poo" and then starts pushing. So we figure he might be getting ready to potty train. Today he said, "Poo poo" and he pushed. I figured it was too late, so I started to change his diaper. The poop was still in his bum, so I rushed him to the potty. He did such a good job! He pushed out his poop, so he got a treat. What a good little guy!

2 comments:

christina piercy said...

Hey cuzins!!! look who updated her blog? our computer is fixed, horay!! AJ is getting so big, i cant believe it! and so is nicole! let me know as soon as you have your baby. got any names yet?

Bre said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.