Easter weekend was a lot of fun for our family. I had Saturday off of work, so I was able to spend the whole day with Nicole and the kids. Our friend Joe told us about an Easter "egg hunt"(they have all sorts of things from plastic eggs to stuffed animals, toys, kites, etc.) that they do at Scera Park, so we decided to go to that in the morning despite the fact that it was raining a bit. They had the park roped off in different sections for the different age groups, so we found the 0-3 section. Andrew was all ready to go with his basket, when he saw the Easter Bunny. Andrew has this horrible fear of people dressed up and muppets, things of that sort. So when he saw the Easter Bunny, he freaked out. He was balling uncontrollably, and I couldn't get him to calm down. The time came for the Easter egg hunt (more of a free-for-all Easter egg grab) to start and Andrew would not let me put him down. So I ran around carrying him, picking up eggs and other goodies, and putting them in the basket he was holding. We finally got him to calm down a little bit by showing him what was in his eggs or balls as he called them. The fun thing about Scera's "egg hunt" is they also have one for aldults, both men and women. So after Andrew was done, we went over to the Women's hunt. Nicole tried to go for a little Woody (from Toy Story) doll, but didn't get to it. After that they had the Men's hunt. They had all of the guys lined up on one sidewalk--there was at least a couple hundred guys. The one thing that I wanted to get for Andrew was this carrot baseball bat and ball. I ran out to one, and it got snagged, so I went after another one that got picked up before I got there. I saw one more that I wasn't going to miss. I ran and right as some guy was bending down to get it, I dropped on my knee and slid on the wet grass right underneath this guy and snatched up the bat. Then I got up and kept running. It was quite the rush! I would have loved to see the look on that guy's face though. Anyway the hunt was a success and we had a blast!
Our friends David and Katie invited us to come over that evening for dinner, an easter egg hunt for Andrew and their son Brayden, and to just hang out. We all had so much fun. We haven't had the chance to hang out with the Downeys much because we're all so busy, but they are moving to Tennesse soon. Hopefully we can hang out again before they leave.




On Easter Sunday we went to my parents ward for Sacrament meeting and then to their house for food and fun. We had a good time--we took pictures of each family (mine of course is the best looking group),


we had a surprise visit from the Ball family (we all go way back and we haven't seen them since our wedding--7 years),

we had an Easter egg hunt for the kids which Andrew really got into. He loves finding "balls."

One of the eggs that he found had a message in it to go see Grandma. So Andrew went and saw Grandma and got a stuffed bunny holding a football. Andrew thought it was great.

And Rory got a cute little bunny as well.

We ate a very yummy dinner and dessert.

And Andrew had a blast playing with Mama on the trampoline.
2 comments:
Thanks for blogging this. Mine isn't near as fun because I don't have pictures, but you pretty much covered it. Love you guys!
awe! your easter sounds so fun. what a great dad you are for stealing a bat from some guy for your son! lol! i would have loved to see that! very cute pics! love you all!
Post a Comment