Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Trip to Logan and "Bampa with Neighs"

I had Saturday through Tuesday off from work and I finished up my finals early, so we headed to Logan for an extended weekend. This past Saturday was also our seventh wedding anniversary. We headed up to Logan on Saturday morning and arrived at Spencer and Katie's house around noon. After Andrew took a nap and we ate lunch, we headed over to Nicole's dad's (or as Andrew so lovingly calls him, "Bampa with neighs"). For several days before we left Andrew would walk around the house saying "Bampa with neighs" over and over. He was just a little excited. I have a hard time going to Jerald's because he has a lot of fun things that I like and I tend to leave Nicole to take care of the kids. So I wan't to say to Nicole, I'm Sorry and I'll try to do better. Anyway we spent several hours at Jerald's. I rode the nice horse (Cheyenne). It took Jerald a little while to get him coralled though.
He hadn't be saddled or ridden since last June when we were there. But he did great once we got him saddled up. Spencer rode him for a little bit as well, but he didn't wear tight jeans. I learned long ago why cowboys wear Wranglers. Andrew also rode with me for a few minutes while Jerald led us around the pasture. He seemed to enjoy himself for the most part.
We also rode Jerald's ATV. Nicole was scared, so her dad hopped on with her and drove her around the yard a few times. I'm not sure if she was more scared before or after he got on.
Then I got on with her and we rode together for a little bit. Then Andrew got on with me. I'm not sure how much he liked it, but he seemed to do okay.
We also spent some time just visiting. That night we were going to go out for our anniversary and have Spencer and Katie watch the kids, but by the time we got back and got Andrew in bed, it was kind of late and Nicole wasn't feeling well. So we just decided to stay in for the night. It probably wasn't our best anniversary, but I don't think that it was our worst.


On Sunday we wanted to go to the temple to take pictures and show Andrew where Mama and Dada got married. Unfortunately we didn't know that they close the temple grounds on Sunday. We decided to take some pictures from outside the fence and they turned out pretty good. Seven years ago Nicole and I became married for eternity and on Sunday we got to go back to where that happened with our eternal family. It was awesome! Andrew was so excited! He has this movie, Lorenzo's Songbook, and the song I Love to See the Temple is on there. And he will point to the big picture of the Logan temple on our wall when we ask him which temple is his favorite. It was a lot of fun to take him there.

After we went to the temple, we drove out to Newton to visit with Nicole's grandma (she hadn't seen Rory up to this point) and to go look at some goats that Rusty and Jerald were going to buy. Grandma Great as she is known to Andrew and Rory enjoyed seeing her newest great grand-daughter, at least until Rory got hungry and fussy.
After visiting for a little while we headed up the street to look at the goats. It was so much fun! Andrew played on their swing set, Nicole, Andrew, and I played on an old teeter-totter,
and eventually we went in to look at the goats. I think the lady said they had 50+ baby goats.
They were all over the place and so cute. Andrew was so adorable just running all over. They also had a couple of pot-bellied pigs that Andrew thought were pretty cool.
Andrew liked the goats too except for when one of the them tried to eat his shoe.
Spencer also had a lot of fun. He fell in love with a goat, and I think the goat was pretty fond of him as well.
He also got really attached to a little dog they had. The funniest part about that was when the lady told us that the dog's name was Cookie (that was our dog's name when we were younger).
We all had a lot of fun!
And Jerald and Rusty bought a little boy and a little girl goat. We found out later that their names were Lisa and Leroy. Monday was just kind of a chill day and we left on Tuesday.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend.

1 comment:

Grama G said...

It sounds like you had a fun time together. That's pretty funny about the Cookie dog. Are Jerald and Rusty planning on breeding goats?