Last night it was my turn to do FHE. I have really wanted to start doing things around Utah when we have the time since we are leaving when Todd finishes school next year. One of the things that I wanted to do was to go to Wheeler Farm. Andrew loves animals, especially farm animals. When I found out that you could milk a cow and go on a tractor drawn wagon ride, I thought it would be a very fun Family Home Evening for our family. We decided to go up to Wheeler Farm, walk around, go on the wagon ride, milk the cow, and then have a picnic and a lesson. Andrew was so excited when I told him we were going to go see animals. We met Todd's mom at the farm; we thought she would enjoy seeing Andrew interact with the animals.
We walked around the farm.
Andrew sat on a wagon.
And we saw turkeys.
Todd, Andrew, and Rory looked at the goats.
Todd and Rory saw a cow,
and so did Andrew.
Todd and Andrew fed some geese, until...
they got too close for comfort and Andrew freaked out a little.
He felt much more comfortable with these geese because there was a fence between him and them.
Rory enjoyed the wagon ride...it put her to sleep.
Andrew and I enjoyed the wagon ride too, even though he didn't really want to sit still.
Andrew liked the donkey. It makes a funny noise.
We saw rabbits,


and even a rat; Todd said it was Templeton from Charlotte's Web.
Andrew and I fed a horse.
And he had a blast driving the tractor.


And we all took turns milking Leslie the holstein cow.
Andrew and I played in a tree house.
And Rory decided to grace us with her presene just as we were getting ready to leave. We all had a great time at Wheeler Farm for our Family Home Evening.
pigs,
2 comments:
I had no idea you could milk a cow at wheeler farm. I love the way little kids minds understand things. Adults would have freaked about the rat, but kids love it. And the donkey picture is adorable! You're kids are so cute, but you already know that. (You talk about it all the time!);D
What a fun FHE! I haven't been to Wheeler Farm since I was a kid. I love that last picture of Rory.
Post a Comment