Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

My Mother's day started on Saturday when I received a bouquet of flowers from my stepmom Rusty. It was so thoughtful of her.
On Sunday I woke up with a killer migraine,a wonderful kiss, and a present from my kids (with a little help from Dad). When we lived in WA I had a wonderful flower garden and I have been wanting to at least have a few flowers on our balcony here in our apartment. So I received a planter attached to the balcony and on the planter was the handprints of my wonderful kids. Even though my head was killing me I was persistant on going to church and it was great to be able to stay through all 3 meetings. It has been awhile since I have been able to do that.

After the kids took their afternoon nap we played outside and then I wanted to take Andrew to his favorite place, BYU. We went last year and it was a blast. We first went to the duck pond, but the ducks must of been full because they could have cared less that we were trying to feed them. Then we went to the waterfall and walked, ran, and climbed around. Then right before we went home I wanted to go see this fountain that I had told Todd looked so pretty with all the tulips blooming. We got some cute pictures.
When we got home we put AJ in bed and Todd cooked me a wonderful dinner of steak and lobster. I really enjoyed this mother's day with my 2 great kids. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful kids and an awesome husband.

I am also truly blessed to have wonderful examples as mothers in my life. My mother is my best friend. I talked to her everyday. We support each other through everything. She is a great example to me. She is also a wonderful grandma to my kids.

My stepmom is a great mother too. We have had a rocky past but she definately has stepped up and helped me when she didn't have to. She is great for my dad and enjoys seeing my children grow up.

I also have a great mother in law. We may not have the relationship I have always wanted but she definately raised a great son. My husband is a wonderful man! She also loves watching my kids grow and change and helps out when she can. She was especially helpful when Rory was in the hospital.

And last but not least is my aunt Cecille. She is my mom's only sister and definitely steps up to help out since my mom is so far away. She is always just a phone call away and willing to help as much as she can. She is a great mother to her own kids and has raised them to be wonderful mothers (and fathers) themselves.

1 comment:

Suzi said...

What cute pictures! That is a wonderful Mother's Day tribute. I hope you know I think you are a great mother also. You are doing such a great job raising your kids. They are growing so fast!
Take Care -- Suzi