Nicole and I are not all that big on Halloween, but we do want to have some fun traditions with our kids, such as getting Halloween portraits done, going Trick-or-Treating, and carving a pumpkin. We laid out a bunch of plastic sacks on the floor to catch the pumpkin guts. It worked fairly well when Rory wasn't trying to grab them and eat them. Once we got some of the pumpkin dug out though, Rory was much more interested in that.
Andrew was a little bit more difficult. As many of you know, Andrew is not real big on getting his hands "yucky" and any of you who have dug around inside a pumpkin know that it is somewhat "yucky."
We did get him to reach in finally and touch it a little bit. 
A few years back Nicole and I got this pretty cool pumpkin carving kit with a battery-powered knife and other fun tools. We let Andrew pick the design out of a book we have and daddy got to work carving the pumpkin while the rest of the family watched. When the pumpkin was all done, we took some really cute pictures of the kids with their first pumpkin (yes, Andrew's too; we haven't done a pumpkin the last couple of years).
Rory then had some fun alone time with the pumpkin.
She is such a cutie these days--she is developing quite a personality. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
8 years ago
1 comment:
Both my kids won't touch the pumpkin guts, as we call it. I told Paige to go ahead and start taking the guts out while I went and got something and she started crying saying, "I don't want to touch the guts!" It was really funny. It was up to Josh and I to excavate! Cute costumes too, at first I though Andrew was a Utah fan, but I knew better than that. Thanks for clearing that up, we've never seen that movie, maybe we should rent it. We're going to be in Mesa for Thanksgiving, how about doing something Friday afternoon or Saturday?
Post a Comment