So as many of you know I am old today--the BIG 30! Unfortunately I still had to work on my birthday, but it was still a great day. When I got home the kids had colored a banner that Nicole made for me. It said, "Happy 30th Birthday Daddy." And they had put their hand and foot prints on it. They were very proud of their "birthday card" for daddy.
Nicole wasn't home when I got there, but when she got home she had a HUGE balloon bouquet with a mylar balloon that says "Oh no...the BIG 30."
Mom and Trish were also here to celebrate with us. We had carne asada tacos, spanish rice, and chips and salsa for dinner. It was delicious! Nicole and the kids of course made my favorite cake--rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting, which we ate after dinner.
Then I opened up my present and cards. Nicole and the kids got me walkie-talkies. I have wanted some ever since Mexico, and now that we have a bigger house. Nicole gets upset when I can't hear her yelling my name, so problem solved. We then got the kids in their pajamas, made some very, very BLUE BYU hot cocoa and hit the road to go see Christmas lights. It's a tradition that we started last year. I like looking at Christmas lights, but you can't see as much when you have to drive, so Nicole drove us around. We let the kids get out of their car seats and sit on my lap while we were driving through neighborhoods. It was a lot of fun! A big thanks to my wonderful family for making my 3oth birthday a great one.
8 years ago
2 comments:
You should post a picture of the BLUE BYU hot cocoa... I'm glad it got "cold" enough for you to drink it. Happy Birthday! Glad it was a good day!
Happy birthday! Sorry you guys have been sick we have too its no fun! Looks like your stay cation was relaxing too. That is yummy cake!!
Post a Comment