Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Weekend Staycation

So my 30th birthday is on Monday and Nicole and I have been talking about going to Las Vegas for my birthday for a long time. Well this past week was a bit rough with Nicole and the kids all being sick. Since we have never left Rory overnight before (and she is almost two) we weren't too sure how it would go. That coupled with the fact that when she doesn't feel good she is clingy beyond belief. So we decided that it might be a good idea to stay a little bit closer to home, just in case. Nicole took the kids over to her mom's and I met her there when I got off from work. We said good-bye to the kids and told them we would see them in a couple of days. Nicole was exhausted, so we decided to make Friday a night for relaxing. We went and got some dinner at McDonalds, then we rented "Ramona and Beezus" from Blockbuster. For those of you who remember the Ramona books, this was a great movie. I would recommend seeing it--great family flick. After we watched the movie, we stayed up working on some Christmas presents.
We slept in a little bit on Saturday, but Nicole's stomach woke us up. So I went to get us some breakfast. After breakfast we got ready for the day. Nicole had an appointment to get her hair done at noon, so we went and ran a couple of errands and then headed to the salon. After that we went to the mall. We wanted to find a dress for Nicole to wear to my work party next week. We ended up spending over four hours walking around the mall. We got a dress for Rory, a shirt for me, some shoes for Nicole, and some other stuff I can't think of as I'm writing this. Then we decided to go to dinner at Pete's Fish House. We have heard that they have the best fish around. Those people have obviously never eaten fish in Washington--it was not very good. We won't be going there again. Then we headed home for the night--oh and on the way home I got an Eggnog shake from Jack-in-the-Box, YUMMY! We just relaxed for the rest of the night.
On Sunday morning we slept in again. We played games all morning. We then got ready for the day and for the kids to come home. We went to Nicole's moms to pick up the kids after their nap. They were happy to see us. All in all it was a fun weekend even though we didn't go to Las Vegas. At least now we know that our kids do good staying with their Meemaw. Thanks Mom for watching the kids for us.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I'm glad you guys didn't end up going to Vegas because I would have felt bad for not going!! Sounds like you had a good relaxing weekend without kids!! Happy Birthday!!