Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacation: Part 3 (La Jolla Beach-Kellogg Park)

On Tuesday we went to the beach with the whole family. We decided to go to La Jolla. I didn't really care where we went as long as there was soft sand and good waves. We had both. We got to the beach around 11am or so and set up our umbrellas, blankets, towels, chairs, etc. For the rest of the day we played, ate, gave the kids naps, and just had fun. Andrew was so cute It was his first time going to the beach and seeing the ocean. For weeks he told us that he wanted to go to the beach, so when we finally got there he was so excited. When we first went down to the water he was a little leary, but we slowly went into the water and played with the waves and ran away from the waves. It was so much fun!
Rory obviously didn't really know what was going on, but she is just so cute in her little swim suit. Nicole and I love the beach so we really enjoyed sharing that with our children. I of course had to take a little time for myself to play in the big waves, so I went out and played while the kids were napping. There were some really big waves...it was a lot of fun!
I think that Andrew really enjoyed his first time in the ocean and I can't wait til we can take him back there again.

No comments: