Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nicole's First Mother's Day

Sunday was Nicole's first Mother's Day, so Andrew and I wanted to make it really special for her. We wanted her to be able to relax and not have to worry about anything and just have a great day with us. I stayed up with Andrew, so she could sleep in, and after he went down for his nap I brought her breakfast in bed. The rest of the morning we just bummed around the house. In the afternoon Andrew and I gave Nicole her presents. Andrew got her a book that she wanted, My Dear Sisters (by President Hinckley), and a very cute card which he signed (with Daddy's help of course).


And I, at her request, got pictures taken of Andrew and me. I decided that I didn't want to go to some studio with a boring back ground, so I called a photographer and we went and took pictures at the waterfall on BYU campus. The site was beautiful, and a lot of the pictures turned out really cute, but my little booger of a son would not smile, no matter how hard we tried. It's a good thing that he is so cute and can pull it off even without a smile.


Anyway, after I showed Nicole the pictures, she wanted to go where we had taken them. So we drove down to BYU and spent a while at the waterfall and the duck pond. We just hung out, walked around, and took a bunch of pics.



It was a lot of fun! That night after we got Andrew in bed, we had some friends come over and we had a picnic on our living room floor. It was a lot of fun. To finish off the night we spent about an hour smelling candle scents from the company Nicole has been looking into (Scentsy). All in all it was a fun day, and I think Nicole had a good first Mother's Day.

No comments: