Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Little Wounded Soldier

So for the last couple of months Andrew has been getting really anxious to crawl. At first he would get on his tummy and kick his legs and wonder why nothing was happening, so he would start crying. He then figured out how to rock back and forth on his hands and knees, but would then fall onto his tummy and cry. Well I am proud to say that he has finally figured it out...well, sort of. He is definitely becoming more mobile, but he definitely doesn't use the conventional method for crawling. Rather than moving on all fours, he looks more like a wounded soldier. He seems to be improving a bit, but when he was first figuring it out he would hold himself up with his left hand and use his right arm to pull himself forward. His arm would then get pinned underneath him and he propped himself up to get it out. Now he is using both arms more and a little bit more leg movement as well. I think that in no time Nicole and I are going to be chasing him all over the place and doing our best to keep up. Today I took our first video of Andrew crawling. Check it out!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh what a big boy!! I can't believe how adorable he is. We really need to get together soon.

Grama G said...

Way to go Andrew! Grama G