Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011: Day 5

Since last night was a pretty late night we decided not to try and wake up at any certain time this morning. We woke up and got to the park around 10am. The first day that we were at Disneyland we wanted to take a picture in front of the Mickey flower bed. We got some pretty good photos. We wanted to head over to Splash Mountain first to see what time the fast pass was for, but the wait was only about 20 minutes, so we just decided to get in line. This was another ride that Rory was too little to go on, so Andrew and I went on Splash Mountain while Nicole took Rory on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Their line was shorter than ours, so they were out in time to take a video of us plummeting into the brier patch. Nicole forgot that you can't turn the camera sideways when you're taking a video, so the video is sideways.

Andrew wanted to go on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh also, so we all went on it together. After that we headed over the Jungle Cruise. The kids enjoyed seeing all of the animals, and I enjoyed all of the lame jokes from the guide. We then went to the Enchanted Tiki Room. The kids were looking forward to this one. I have been singing the song for the last couple of weeks, and the kids wanted to see the talking birds and flowers. This is not Nicole's favorite place just because she doesn't like birds (real or fake). Then we headed over to Tomorrow Land to drive cars at Autopia. The kids got their own drivers licenses and drove me and Nicole around--a welcome change. It was kind of strange and annoying, but both of our cars kept dying in the middle of the road, and you have to pump the gas to start it up again. After Autopia, we decided to split up. Andrew wanted to go on Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters and Rory wanted to go see Rapunzel. So I took Rory and Nicole took Andrew, and we agreed to keep in touch and meet up to go see Tinkerbell after we were both done. Both of the kids wanted to see Tinkerbell. Rory and I went to see Rapunzel, but when we got there, the wait was over an hour and half. Yeah, I don't think so. I asked Rory if it was okay if we went to visit some other princesses. She said no at first, that she wanted to see Rapunzel, but I finally convinced her to go to the Disney Princess Fantasy Faire. They usually have 2 or 3 princesses there at any given time, and they have a show at certain times during the day as well. You never know who the princesses are until you go in, so I told Rory that I didn't know who we were going to see when she asked me. I told her it was a surprise. So I know that years down the road, Rory will probably hate me for this, but it's part of the story. She sometimes has a hard time with her bowel movements. Unlucky for us, this happened while we were waiting in line to see the princesses. She was miserable! She needed to poop so bad, but couldn't push it out. She didn't want me to hold her or talk to her or do anything but bury her head in my legs. I felt so bad for her. I tried whatever I could think of to help her, or at least make her more comfortable. I didn't want her to be so miserable when it was her turn to see the princesses. She didn't end up getting it out, but she did get to the point where she would talk to me and walk on her own, so she was able to see the princesses. The lady that was letting people in told us that we were in for a rare treat. Apparently Pocahontas is not often present at the Fantasy Faire, and she was here today. I don't know how well Rory knew who she was because our kids have only seen that movie once (it's not one we own). She was a little shy at first, but Pocahontas was very patient with her and we got some good pictures. Next Rory got to see Belle. I told Nicole this later on after we met up again (don't go thinking anything), but Belle was pretty hot! She was very sweet too. She got right down to Rory's level and spent a minute talking to her. Then she asked her if she wanted to sit on her lap. Rory was very cute with her. She definitely knows who Belle is since she has two or three Belle dolls, and the fact that she is Nicole's favorite princess helps too. The last princess that we saw was Mulan. Rory did very well with her also. One cute thing was how interested all of the princesses were in Rory's nails--she had Meemaw paint them right before we left. As you can see all of the princesses were admiring and talking to her about her pretty fingernails. Nicole had called me while we were waiting in line for the princesses and told me that she and Andrew were done with Buzz. She said that they would go get in line for Tinkerbell, and for us to come meet her there. She got to the front of the line and they were making a character switch when Rory and I got done with the princesses, so I put Rory in the stroller and started running towards Pixie Hollow. Have you ever tried to run through Disneyland? with a double stroller? It takes some serious skill! Anyway we got to Pixie Hollow and went up through the handicap entrance to find Nicole, and about two minutes later they let us in. First we saw Terrence. I gotta say he was kinda snooty, not at all how I think of Terrence from the movies. And we didn't really get any good pictures with him. Oh well! Then we saw Tinkerbell and Vidia. Both of the kids were super excited! Rory gave Tinkerbell a big hug, and Tinkerbell and Vidia agreed (a rare occurrence) that Rory's nails were very pretty.Andrew flirted a little bit, and we got some really cute pictures. Then we sat down to rest for a while. I had a massively pounding headache, and needed some rest and water after my run. After resting for a bit, we headed back to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo-tique to buy some souvenirs. Rory got a light-up Cinderella wand and Andrew wanted a sword and a shield with the Maleficent Dragon on it. I got one too so that we can have sword fights. After that we laid the kids down in the stroller and told them that it was time to take a nap. Andrew said that he wasn't tired and didn't want to take a nap. About 5 minutes later they were both asleep. Nicole and I were a little bit hungry, but we had dinner plans in about 2 hours, so we didn't want to eat too much. We saw someone with a big turkey leg and asked them where they got it. So we shared a turkey leg while the kids slept, then we did a bit more shopping. We also went to get all of our photos that were taken by Disneyland photographers burned to a CD. We decided that was the best way to go--it's $60 for the CD and you get the copyrights for all of your photos. We also got a couple of new Disney ornaments for Christmas this year. The kids woke up and we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. While we were getting ready the kids wanted to play with their new toys.




Nicole's friend Evan lives relatively close to Anaheim, so we made plans to meet for dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. I have never met him before, and I was looking forward to finally putting a face to all of the stories I've heard about Evan. We had a great time. Evan was really good with the kids and they had a lot of fun with him. And on a side note, Rory finally got her poop out during dinner. After dinner we walked through Downtown Disney and found some live music for the kids to dance to. We visited and the kids danced, then we walked back towards the parking lot for Evan and the Monorail for us. We decided to ride the monorail back into Disneyland and finish off our last day here. We asked the kids what they wanted to do before we left Disneyland. Of course they wanted to go on Small World again, but when we got over there it was closed due to this show where they project photos taken at the park onto Small World and makes it into a big scrapbook. We were told that it would open again at 10pm. So in the meantime, the kids wanted to go on the Astro Orbiter again. Since that ride made me rather sick the first time we rode it, I decided to go on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters again. We went back to Small World and rode on the kid's favorite ride one last time. By then both of the kids were very tired, and even though it was hard we left Disneyland and headed back to the hotel. We all had a lot of fun on our first Disneyland Family Vacation, and I'm sure we'll come back again. After all it is the "Happiest Place on Earth."

1 comment:

Julianne said...

What a big day!! Sounds like a ton of fun! I really need to go to Disneyland. Too much has changed!