You know Father's Day is an interesting thing in comparison to Mother's Day. On Mother's Day I tried to do anything I could to give Nicole a break and let her rest and relax and just spend time with her family. I let her sleep in (a little bit anyway) and I made her a nice breakfast (with the kid's help), I made dinner for everyone, and I took care of the kids as much as they would let me. On Father's Day I woke up early and made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I spent as much time with the kids as I could, and I made a delicious dinner. The interesting thing is that was my break--a break from the normal. Nicole's mom said that she was going to make dinner for me so I could have a break. I told her that I like cooking and making a good dinner is a break from the fact that I don't usually get to do it. I don't get to spend much time with my kids, so any time I have with them is an awesome break. Anyway enough of my ranting. Let me tell you about the day.
The kids were very anxious to give me their presents. Andrew, while he was still in preschool, made me a really cool painting of a globe that said, "You mean the World to me! I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day!" Nicole had it hidden away til it was Father's Day. Rory got me some Disney's
Cars diving sticks. They are really cool! And Nicole got me a book called
Family Ties by L. Tom Perry.

They were all very thoughtful gifts, and I love them. After we ate breakfast we left to go take some pictures. Nicole bought the kids really adorable Easter outfits, and we have been meaning to get photos taken since Easter, but haven't had the time. So today we borrowed one of our friends' really nice Nikon camera to take pictures of the kids. Nicole knew about this orange orchard just off the 202, and thought that would be a cool spot to take pictures. So we drove out there and started taken pictures. They turned out really good!



After we were done taking pictures by this orange tree, this dog (we assumed he was protecting his orchard) came over to us and was getting a little too friendly. He went through Andrew's legs and literally lifted him off the ground. It scared him half to death. So we got out of there pretty quick. We went to another spot just up the road and took some more pictures. Here, the kids found a cat to play with and Andrew's pants got covered in cat fur (not so good for me), so he had to ride home pantless. We headed home and were having so much fun taking pictures with this camera, so we went to the soccer field behind our community and took some more pics.


We also took some family pictures in the back yard. I love my family so much!


It was a lot of fun! And I have never seen Nicole so excited about taking pictures. It seriously makes me consider buying a new camera...maybe someday. We went home and gave the kids a nap and got ready for church. Just like on Mother's Day the primary children sang Father's Day songs in Sacrament meeting. However, this time I had made it appoint to tell the older children in the primary the week before that they needed to help the smaller children get in front of them instead of crowding them out of the way when they went up to sing. So I actually got to see Andrew sing today. He is such a cute big boy! In Nursery Rory made me a cute Father's Day card. It was a picture of a jar of Jelly Beans with this saying on the back:
"This Jelly Bean Jar Reminds Me of You, It's full of Things I Love, Things I Know are True, It Makes Me Think of Hide and Seek, Of Running and Playing, And Tickles and Treats, Piggy Back Rides and Stories Too, But Mostly of Hugs and Kisses, And That I Love You! Happy Fathers Day Daddy!" Awwww
. After church we went home and played and worked on dinner. After we ate dinner, we went over to Meemaw's. It's about that time to give Andrew a buzz-cut. He gets so hot, and I think he'll do better during the summer with less hair. After his haircut we gave the kids a bath in Meemaw's big tub, and we played with my new dive sticks. We had a lot of fun, and it was a great day!
3 comments:
What a great day!! Those pictures are so cute!! Glad you posted them!! Love you!
I can't believe how big your kids have gotten. They are soooooo cute. For some reason on my blog it never shows me when your blog is updated so I just caught up on the fun things the Gardiners are up to. You guys look great. The courtyard says hi.
You guys look so good! Love the pictures!! Andrew and Rory are getting too big. Danica still talks about Andrew moving and how much she misses him. Hope we get to see you guys sometime soon.
Post a Comment