So I wasn't really planning on having a graduation party because I didn't want Nicole to have to worry about planning one. My mom had called me the Monday before graduation and asked if we would be willing to come up to their house for dinner on Sunday to celebrate my grandparent's anniversary. To be honest I was kind of offended that she was more interested in throwing them a "party" than having one for me (call me selfish). Anyway, unbeknown to me, Nicole called my mom the next day and told her that we were going to have a surprise graduation party for me on Sunday. She had already worked out all the details, menu, etc. and delegated responsibilities to my parents and siblings.
On Sunday we drove up to my parent's house and I was still completely clueless despite some things that I could have picked up on if I were very astute. Just because I'm a college graduate doesn't mean I'm the brightest crayon in the box. I walked in the house and everyone yelled, "SURPRISE!" And indeed I was very surprised. There were blue and white decorations and candy. 
All of my siblings and families, parents, grandparents, cousin Landon, and even some long-time family friends were there. It was an awesome surprise. Nicole had planned and my mom cooked a delicious Mexican food buffet. It was delicious! My neices had even made up a very clever BYU/Graduation cheer, and they performed it for us.
And as always Andrew was all Cougar.
It was a great night and a fun surprise.
Thanks to all of you who contributed and came to celebrate my graduation with me.
1 comment:
Funny how many of those pictures I recognize :) Glad we were able to surprise you!
Post a Comment