Monday, October 11, 2010

Mother Nature's Farm

With Todd starting work, this last week was his first full week of work, I wanted to do something fun on the weekend. Living in AZ, fall is hard to notice, which makes it hard to get into the holidays. Halloween is in about 3 weeks and you would never know it. Anyways, I wanted to go to a pumpkin patch to make us get into the season a little more. I found the perfect pumpkin patch that had a few extras great for my little ones. It's called Mother Nature's Farm.
It is actually always open but added to for Halloween. We skipped Rory's morning nap (yes she is 20 months old and still takes 2 naps) so we could go before it got to hot. I drove there which was not bad until I got the van stuck in mud trying to park. After we paid, Andrew wanted to go straight to a bounce house but we convinced him to go do some other stuff first because we knew we wouldn't be able to get him out of it. We started by looking at the animals and were able to feed them.
The kids weren't impressed probably because we have been to many farms. Then we walked through a maze made by hay bales. Rory and Andrew thought the hay was very scratchy and Rory wouldn't even walk through it. Then I let Andrew go to the bounce house. I let Rory go in it too but it was to crowded for her liking. Then we let the kids pick out little pumpkins that they decorated with stickers that were provided.
Then we wanted to go on the hay ride which actually was a tractor ride but we didn't make it on because it was so crowded. While we waited for the tractor to come back around the kids got their faces painted. I was shocked that they both sat down and did that but it turned out very cute. Rory got a rainbow.
Andrew got a bat.
By the time they were done, the tractor came back around and we went on the ride. There really wasn't much to look at on this hay ride so it was kind of boring. While we were on the hay ride Andrew did see some kids jumping on a straw bounce so that was what he wanted to do as soon as we stopped. It was getting late and the kids were tired and hungry so we picked out a pumpkin to carve later in the month and went home.
It was a good trip to the pumpkin patch/farm and we all had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

I love that Rory's facepaint matches her shirt... and those sunglasses are awesome!! Looks like a good time! Wish I was there!

Steph said...

How cute! that place looks awesome! Your kids already look older!! I love pumpkins and fall!