Friday, October 1, 2010

An Update

Well a lot has happened since my last post (August 27th). Well after that post we went to Park City for a day of shopping. We usually go Conference weekend but we had to go a little earlier this year. Then we spent the rest of the weekend packing up our house, having one last dinner with Todd's family, and a sleep out with Todd's Mom since we had taken apart the kids' beds.
Then it was Monday the 30th and it was moving day. We finished packing up in the morning with help from neighbors who watched our kids. Then around lunchtime Todd's uncle and Todd got our moving truck and the kids went to my aunt Cecille's house. Packing the truck and storage unit went well and we were done by 4pm. In between putting stuff in the moving truck we were cleaning but it ended up taking until 10pm to really finish all the cleaning. It was a long day but we had a lot of help with the kids, moving stuff out, and cleaning. I couldn't ask for better neighbors as well as helpful and supportive family members.

On the 31st we checked out and hit the road. Todd and his dad left 2 hours earlier than us because they thought the truck would not go as fast. Well they were wrong. They got to Mesa 2 hours before us. The drive was not bad except Rory would not nap and screamed and cried a lot which made it seem like it took longer then it was suppose to. When we got to Mesa we spent the night at my mom's. I was exhausted and I knew we had an early morning the next day.

The next day, the 1st, we moved into our wonderful new town home. (I plan to post video of our new place so you all can see what it looks like.) My mom made us dinner after our busy day of unpacking and she was able to give Andrew his birthday presents from her and my sister.
We were all moved in within 3 days with the exception of putting an office together in the closet under the stairs and decorating. Todd's parents were able to spend a week here with us and it was great to spend a little bit of time with them before they left. We took them to the airport on the 7th and we wondered if they were going to be able to get on the plane because Kim forgot his identification. It was very sad to say goodbye not knowing when we will see them again.
And a lot has happened since then. Andrew has been potty trained and is doing very well. He still needs help with wiping and I welcome any advice I can get on that. We had a celebration potty party at Peter Piper Pizza. It is a place like Chuck E Cheese without the characters the kids had a lot of fun. We took the kids to church and introduced them to their new nursery classes. They are not in the same class because here they have 3 nursery classes. Rory is not taking to it well, but I hope it gets better. We went to Show Low for a weekend to visit Todd's cousin Bre's family. We had a lot of fun there. They have a nice house and the weather was just right. We had a dutch oven cookout in the woods. I had never had dutch oven and it was pretty good. I had fun playing hide and go seek with the kids but it was definitely colder there at night. They also introduced us to Netflix streaming to your Wii and now we are addicted.
We also have had a few firsts this past month. Andrew had his first sleepover with Meemaw. He got to eat out and go to a movie. He enjoyed it and Rory enjoyed him being gone. It meant she could play with his stuff while he was gone.
Andrew also went to preschool for the first time. He really is enjoying it and I am enjoying a little break. A lady in our ward and our community teaches it twice a week for two and a half hours. I got my first pedicure. I was reading a friends blog about painting her toes orange and putting a spider web on it. I thought that would be cool especially since it does not feel like Halloween time of year here at all.  When the kids saw I had spiders on my toes they thought it was so cool.Also Todd has been leaving for extended periods of time this past month to get me use to him being gone. I think it was more to give him time to study for his next CPA exam, but I think it did help a little. So today is another big first, the whole reason we moved here, Todd's first day of work.

3 comments:

Julianne said...

Way to finally get caught up!! It was fun talking to you guys this morning! Looks like things are going good in the South!! Keep us posted!

Steph said...

Wow lots of first for you! dutch oven, pedicure I forgot what else :)
I'm glad you guys made it there safe and I'm happy as well we can keep in touch via blog!
Congrats on Andrew starting preschool and being potty trained that is wonderful! Can't wait to hear more about your awesome adventures in Arizona!

Jocelyn Gardiner said...

Nicole! I didn't you had a blog. I love it! I've been messing with mine for the last 2 hours to make it Halloweeny. I think I finally figured it out. You'll have to come back to it to give me your expert opinion. :)

I can't believe how big your kids are. By the way they are so cute I could eat them. You guys look really happy and I am happy for you! Is Todd liking his job? Are you loving AZ?