Wednesday, July 11, 2012

RIP Mark Douglas Rieboldt

17 years ago while visiting my mom in Sacramento I saw a man with 3 girls at the swimming pool.  I remember telling her she needed to be friends with him because he liked kids.  After that day, we had a lasting friendship with the man my mom called Marco.  We went to the lake, camping, and Santa Cruz.  He eventually moved to Washington with my mom.  When we left Washington and all went our separate ways we still kept in touch.  Last week Mark got life changing news; he had cancer.  He was given 1-2 months, but the Lord decided otherwise.  I approached my mom tonight and asked why she has never asked if I wanted to go visit him.  She had no answer and so we made plans to visit him.  We arrived at his apartment and within 5 minutes he was gone.  I am glad we were there when he passed even though it was hard.  The world lost a good man today, but the Lord received him and he will always be in our hearts.

No comments: