Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Vacation: Day 3

Thursday did not go as planned.  We were going to go to Seven Peaks water park, but when we woke up in the morning it looked nasty outside.  It was gray and rainy and only going to be a high of 69 degrees.  For us Arizonans, that pretty close to freezing.  So we spent the day loungin about and running some errands.  We bought the rest of the stuff Nicole needed for her girl's night sewing projects.  That night was girl's night at my parent's house.  Even though I was not a part of the girl's night, I spent the afternoon sewing hooded towels for Andrew and Rory, which they love.  [A small tribute to my mom: she tried to get all of my siblings and I at some point to learn to sew.  I sewed a pair of boxer shorts that Nicole got quite a kick out of seeing the picture before we were married--I'm lucky that she still married me.  That was the only sewing project that I took on, but some of it must have stuck because I did pretty darn good sewing those hooded towels.  So thanks Mom.]

No comments: