Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Birthday

Well if you read this blog often you know that I just had my 26th birthday last Wednesday. Well it was a good day, but not what I wanted. I spent the day with my family or as much time as Todd could spare. I had my favorite cake and ice cream with good friends. And I got money from my Mom, sister, and Todd to go shopping as well as other great presents from my friends and family. I even got Friday off of taking care of Andrew which was the whole day because not only was I to go shopping, but Todd had reserved me a hotel room in Park City. I loved my presents and felt very ungrateful because I did not want to be alone. Since I found out I was pregnant in June all I have wanted was a day without having to take care of Andrew and a day of shopping with my Mom. And all though all my presents led to shopping and a day off none of them included my Mom.

Well after shedding a lot of tears and 24 hours from when I enjoyed cake with my friends and opened my presents everything turned around. My Mom was at my door. I was shedding more tears but they were definately tears of joy. Todd and my Mom had been planning this for over a month and it was the best thing that could of happened for my birthday. So now that my Mom was here I didn't have to go shopping by myself and she was going to go to Park City with me as well.

Since she got in so late we spent some time together but shortly went to bed. Friday we had a delicious breakfast prepared by Todd and then got ready to go shopping. We decided to stay in town and go shopping for me. It was fun but difficult. I am not big on spending money especially on myself, but I was able to do it. I spent all the money I was given and more with the persuassion of my Mom and some salespeople. After many hours of shopping we headed up to Park City. In the many times that I have been to Park City I had never been to Main Street, so we decided to go there for dinner. It was an awesome dinner. Then we went swimming in an indoor pool, but Mom got cold so we went back up to the room and got ready for bed. On Saturday we went to the outlets and went shopping. I spent almost $200 in the first two stores that we went to. It was so much fun becasue it wasn't spent on me. Buying kids clothes is much more fun than buying stuff for myself. My Mom had a lot of fun too, and between the two of us we came home with a lot of cute clothes for my little girl and for Andrew. We continued to shop at the outlets until later in the afternoon. We headed down the canyon and I called Todd to see what we were going to do for dinner. He had told me that he wanted to take Mom and me to Tucanos. He called them to see what the wait was like--it was almost two hours. We decided to go to Red Lobster instead. The food was great, the service was horrible, but my little AJ was an angel (at least for his first time eating in a restaurant). We ended the night by putting AJ to bed and going through all of the clothes that we had bought, and I also showed Mom the clothes that we already had. Sunday came to quick! Mom and I relaxed and then we had to take her to the airport. It was a great weekend and I don't think that I could ever express to Todd and my Mom how much this surprise meant to me!

No comments: