Saturday, August 14, 2010

August 14th

Todd was nice to me this morning and didn't wake me up, so I got to sleep in at least a little bit.  I woke up and spent some time with Todd and the kids before Rory took her nap.  While Rory napped we got ready for our trip to Logan this weekend.  We left around 10:30 or so and headed up to Newton for my Goodsell Family Reunion.  I either drove really fast or Newton is not as far away as I have always thought.  We got to the park about thirty minutes early and we were the only ones there.  It was okay though--the kids just wanted to play on the playground anyway.  After a little while people started arriving.  The reunion was fun, and it was good to see some family that I have not seen for a long time. 
Me, Rory, and cousin Joanie
Bampa Neigh playing with Andrew
They always do a raffle and everyone brings things to raffle off.  They had some pretty cute stuff this year, and my dad bought my kids 30 tickets each, then they got to choose which things they wanted to try and win.  They actually ended up winning two of the prizes.  One of them was a bag with a book, activity book, and crayons.  The other was a basket of some fun stuff (silly string, glow bracelets and a wand, a yo-yo ball, etc.).  They also played some fun games, mostly involving masking tape--my cousin Denise said they use a lot of masking tape for fun at their house.  Todd and Andrew did a three-legged race; Rory wanted to play too, so she ran after them. 
Todd and Andrew in the three-legged race
I got asked to plan and host the Goodsell Reunion next year, but I somewhat reluctantly delegated that responsibility to my cousin Leslie.  Todd and I don't know what the next year holds and we could be moving or trying to buy a house, and I would want to be able to put my full effort into planning a family reunion.  So I hope that sometime in the future, when things are a little more predictable, I will have the opportunity again.  After the reunion we drove into Logan to go check into our hotel (of course we are staying in the Crystal Inn).  Then we headed over to my dad's house. 
The kids love playing on the ramp (or as they call it the Up and Down) at my Dad's
Peek-a-boo!
Enjoying time at my Dad's
We were going to ride the horses, but it was a bit late in the evening and we wanted to go to the fair with my dad and Rusty, so we are planning on doing that tomorrow.  We went to the fair and had a good time.  The kids love to see all of the animals.  After we had just seen the pigs, I asked Andrew what he wanted to eat for dinner.  He said, "Pigs."  It was very cute!  Andrew said that he wanted to go on the rides.  I told him he could pick one ride to go on.  He chose a kid's roller coaster.  I bought the tokens and put him on the ride.  He was doing fine until the ride operator tried to put another little boy next to him.  I think Andrew thought he was trying to take him or get him or something--he freaked out and wanted off the ride.  Todd sold our tokens to a lady in line at the ticket booth, and we headed back to the van.  But not before we got some cotton candy on the way out.  We came back to the hotel and got our kids in bed.  They were both exhausted.  And frankly so am I!

2 comments:

Joanie said...

It was nice to get to visit for awhile, even though we keep up on Facebook and what not. It's hard for me to get pictures of adults because they always seem so reluctant, and I have a hard time finding someone to take my picture for me. Maybe next time we can get some better pictures. I wouldn't feel so stupid if I had a couple people helping me get people together. I hope you guys can make it next year!

Steph said...

Thats cool you guys have a reunion every year. I haven't been to a family reunion with my family since I was a kid. I would be nervous to plan a whole reunion myself too big responsibility! cute pictures!