Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1st

At church today in Relief Society we talked about how journaling is a part of genelogy.  I had so many thoughts come to mind.  As we start the month of August and end our journey here in Utah I want to write something down each day to remember this time.  I know this month will be full of craziness and fun, and I want to remember this emotional experience. 

I want to start today by bearing my testimony.  I am not a person to bear my testimony at church or even in front of a lot of people.  The last time I remember bearing my testimony to someone besides my husband was at my good friend Dani's baptism.  I sat there today with the burning desire to share my thoughts but just couldn't, but I do want to get my testimony written down for myself and my family.

So I want to bear my testimony that I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true.  That we have a living prophet on the Earth today.  That I am greatful for Elijah for allowing me to be sealed to my family and live together forever.  I know the atonement is real and that it is there to help us all and it has played a big part in my life.  I am grateful to the Lord for sending my husband to me when he did.  I am humbled that the Lord has entrusted me with my two wonderful children that teach me so much everyday.  I want to close by just saying I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church and I am glad to have so many good friends and neighbors who believe as I do.

3 comments:

DiazFamily said...

I think it is a great idea to blog as a journal! And you have a great testimony!

Julianne said...

Amen!!

Steph said...

Great testimony! I agree blogging is my way of journaling as well. I only wish I had started my blog before Isaak was born so I could remember all the cute things he did as a little baby!