Monday, November 26, 2012

I Am Thankful For Family Home Evening

Since Todd made a goal that we would do family home evening every week we have been doing great.  For the last few months we have been doing the ten commandments.  The kids really have enjoyed learning and living them.  They look forward to finding out what commandment is next.  They also correct people when they say "Oh My Gosh"  because I told them they should not say that because it sounds close to using the Lord's name in vain, so they correct anyone who says it.  While we were in Utah, Todd's sister, Julianne said she was stealing a piece of cake and my kids were quick to tell her that stealing was against the commandments.  Even though I am sure it gets annoying to some, I am glad they are learning good principles and sharing it with others.  I am thankful for family home evening and the opportunity it gives us to teach our children gospel principles.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Who cares if it's annoying. It's adorable. So great that they have the ability to remember all of them.